NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Balance Transfer advice, please

Very new newcomer to stoozing etc. I have no credit card debt, so how can I use a balance transfer 0% deal to get money into my current account. Can I give the 16-digit number of my current account debit card, and will this work? Thanks for any help you can give.

Replies

• CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Very new newcomer to stoozing etc. I have no credit card debt, so how can I use a balance transfer 0% deal to get money into my current account. Can I give the 16-digit number of my current account debit card, and will this work? Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi there, welcome to the site.

Good guide that will answer that and explain a lot of the other things to be aware of on the official stoozing site supported by MSE.

Unless you have a history of credit in the past, you may not get the best credit limits, but will at least let you do a test run - and of course, each successful stooze demonstrates an ability to manage credit :)

Any questions not answered by the guides or card tables, come back and hopefully can help you.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals