Lloyds TSB Credit card

Options
cepheus
cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
A warning for branch applicants of this card

When I applied for this a few months back there was no transfer fee for this card when applied in a branch, this was confirmed by the bank when I specifically asked. This rule has now been recently changed and Lloyds TSB now charges a 2% transfer fee (I am not sure if this applies to current account holders since I am not a customer).

Unfortunately Lloyds managed to botch up the first application and lose it, so I applied again. Today a letter was received stating my application was incomplete. So at the same time as activating the card I attempted to get the transfer completed, it is then the operator told me about the recently introduced fee.

I was passed around from operator to operator to try to get a supervisor to waive the fee because of the circumstances, but no luck. :mad: After threatening to complain to the main office, they said I should complain to the branch who informed me wrongly, but they didn't did they? Anyway I asked them not to process the transfer, luckily I sent a cheque to cover the debt on the other card last week anticipating a delay. Looks like I will be using another card.

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    On my application, they managed to charge me for sentinel card protection and ppi, even though I had explicitly asked at my branch for them not to be added.

I discovered this early because I phoned them as soon as I received my card and asked 'have you put payment protection on this card?' The answer was 'yes'.

It was a bit of a hassle gettting them removed - oh they also failed to make the first direct debit payment and then referred me to collections department.

It is now sorted and working quite nicely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure