Decided not to have a holiday this year!

Options

Comments

• in*the*red_6
    Options
    Hi

I'll be another one not going on holiday this year, with our huge debt there's no way I can justify it. Think we'll probably decorate the lounge instead!

Itr
  • suziewuzie
    suziewuzie Posts: 727 Forumite
    Options
    A few years ago when our kids were smaller and we couldn't afford holidays, we got together with friends in different parts of the country and did a couple of house swaps. Then we explored their area and they explored ours. It can be fun just going to different parks, swimming pools, free museums, having picnics in different countryside etc. Being away from home it still felt like a holiday, but no big expenses. As they say - 'a change is as good as a rest'.
    Weight loss - here we go again - watch this space!

US...........And them............
  • suziewuzie
    suziewuzie Posts: 727 Forumite
    Options
    Then we bought a tent!! This meant we were always able to get away with the kids.
    Weight loss - here we go again - watch this space!

US...........And them............
  • Bunnie1982
    Bunnie1982 Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    We are going on honeymoon this year, and whereas a lot of our family and friends expect this to be expensive and in faraway shores, we have decided we are going camping in the UK
  • oops_a_daisy
    oops_a_daisy Posts: 2,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We got a tent and went to Cornwall 2 years ago and Scotland last year. I think we are going back up to Scotland again this year. We also go away for weekends too for next to nothing. We got a dog last year so we cant wait to go campling again and would actually have problems going abroad now.
    I used to book to go abroad blindly thinking that I had enough money - It always sounded cheap but then spending money and clothes gets added to it and I wonder why I struggle and dont have any money.
    We enjoy our camping holidays - although we have been lucky with the weather. It will be cheaper this year too because we have pretty much built up all of the equipment that we need now.
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • Bunnie1982
    Bunnie1982 Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    I'd say that camping in around June/July time around the World Cup would be dirt cheap (guessing)

We had a week camping in Great Yarmouth last year at a beautiful site for £40, we went the hottest week so had great weather. I love camping though as it is the uncertainty of the weather makes things more exciting.

We are off in May camping in Pembrokeshire, we are doing a charity rollercoaster ride at Oakwood Leisure Park and as we are travelling down there thought we would make a weekend break of it.
  • dippy-dora_2
    Options
    I've had one holiday in 19 years

All together now.....aahhhhhh :(
    Official DFW Nerd 071/£2 saver=£10
    Argos Bill £100+
    Debt Free/Fat Free 4st 4lb gone
  • oops_a_daisy
    oops_a_daisy Posts: 2,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    sorry dippy just grabbing my violin ;)
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • MinnieSpender
    MinnieSpender Posts: 2,975 Forumite
    Options
    My last holiday was three years' ago and I doubt that I'll have another one for at least four more years (unless St George of Clooney whisks me away, of course). At the moment I prefer to throw my money at a) my debts and b) my course fees. Anything left over goes on lipstick!
    :eek: What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about? :eek:
    Official "Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)" Member 16
  • dippy-dora_2
    Options
    What are sheriffs badges???
    Official DFW Nerd 071/£2 saver=£10
    Argos Bill £100+
    Debt Free/Fat Free 4st 4lb gone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories