Anyone been to Wassenaar in Holland?

Options
We are taking 3 kids (15, 12 & 8 years old :eek: ) to Wassenaar in Holland (20 miles from Amsterdam) at the Duinrell campsite with Keycamp at Whitsun.

We are only there for a few days so want to make the most of it. Has anyone got any tips on things to do or see. We are planning to go into Amsterdam to have a tour & see the Anne Frank Museum at the moment. As well as using the site facilities & adjacent waterpark & theme park.

Thanks

Madcow

Comments

• PeteMc
    PeteMc Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Den Haag (The Hague) for some class and Scheviningen for how a seaside resort should really be!
  • Louisa_Jane_2
    Options
    When we've been before (3 times-it's fantastic!), we've not had that much time to do sightseeing as there's so much to do at the park. The beach nearby is lovely (slag -ooer), I'd second the recommendation for Scheviningen - there's a great pancake restaurant just outside the gates, an Ikea at Delft(good for a cheap meal). Have a brilliant time !
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Leiden nearby (Rembrants birthplace ) is a lovely town with an intersting market. Visist the central windmill if you are not scared of heights. Duinrell is excellent. Don't buy food onsite there is a Lidls a quater of a mile away. Beach nearby is beautiful and so clean. Love it.
  • beautifulgorgeous_2
    Options
    Have been about 8 times. you will be lucky if you can get the kids away from the site. The Maduodam model village is fun but expensive. Blookers (a bit like Wilkinsons) has good bargains esp DVDS which are often also in "anglais" Just check the back.
    Hema are great for a snack...Hot dog in french bread at less than a quid outside and the Cafe is nice for cofee and cakes and reasonable.The little food market inside the shop does lovely cold meats for picnics, mine love berliner.
    The pool is lovely but you tend to queue if you go when it opens so try about an hour or so later and it will be better. Voorshooten is good for shopping and the department store vroom and dressman has a cafe on the roof if the weather is ok.
    The park closes at 5o`clock everyday and the shows are only in Dutch. The rides are also a little tame for the older ones compared with places like Alton Towers but we have always had a fab time and love Holland. If you are crossing at the Hauge then it will take longer than you think to get to the port so allow plenty of time.
    Let me know if I can tell you anything else and have a great time Mary
  • madcow2006
    madcow2006 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice so far. We are really looking forward to it.

Cheers Madcow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport