🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Daily fashion chat Friday 7th of August

Options
This is the daily 'fashionistas' chat thread. Please feel free to post, men and women welcomed. You can post your outfits(or not) any type of fashion dilemma that doesn't warrent a thread of it's own. Any queries/questions will also be welcomed!! Chatter and 'what i'm up to today' is also welcomed (for the nosy peeps amongst us;)). We are all a friendly bunch, so please play nice:D

What do you think of the above??? Please let me know if you think it's poop!!!

Not dressed yet, just taken ds1 to cadets, he's doing his Duke of Edingburgh, part 2. Missing him already...

Going to be wearing white Linen trousers, next and flowery shell top also from next (via lil sis) wearing my converse trainers as we are going for a picnic at the park and planning on staying there for ages, well you got to make the most of the weather!!!

A very warm welcome to all the new posters from yesterday:T glad people are enjoying it!!

Bye for now Sharron xxxxxx
Sometimes your the dog, and sometimes your the lampost..:p

Comments

• piratefairy
    piratefairy Posts: 4,342 Forumite
    Options
    Like your fashionista disclaimer at the top!! :)
    Today Im wearing a coral sundress with floral cutout pattern, £15 in the Topshop sale yday, so I snapped it up having coveted it at £40 last week. Yay
    Some gold pumps from Primark and gold cardi from H&M as they were both in the car and matched.
  • esmecullen
    esmecullen Posts: 262 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2009 at 9:01AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

Its a very muggy day, with weather like this, you never know what to wear :D

Wearing today

Brown skirt - Next

Bright Orange slik cami-style top - Top Shop

Brown "suede" jacket - Next

Brown Gladiator sandles - New Look

Brown bag - George

Enamelled Leaf pendant - Nikki French

Brown wood bangles - Camden Market

D & G watch

I'm sitting in my office trying to gear myself up to do some work.......... my brain dont seem to want to work for some reason lol........... thank god its almost the weekend

Have a great day

PS great intro Sharron
    total airhead, total bimbo, very superficial:D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 August 2009 at 10:00AM
    Options
    Pirate fairy, that dress sounds lovely.

I'm about to jump in the shower: the mud on my morning tracksuit is up to the the knees solid and slashed up on to face and hair, then I fell over: does that count as MSE mud pack? :);)

[STRIKE]The sun is out: I'm considering risking my suede orange shoes (all that talk of orange shoes yesterday!) and my orange and red dress. Not sure how I'll accessorise...plain gold?[/STRIKE] I've got to pick DH up at the airport.

ETA: change of plan, feeling to frumpy in that dress: black and white maxi, the sparkly flip flops and the first jewellry to fall out at me. :)
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    Love the intro Sharon!

Black Next suit, lime green sleeveless top (no label) and green Clarks clogs :)

OH is home this weekend, so probably won't post until Sunday night when he's gone back ;):D:p but I can guarantee my weekend outfits will involve my walking shoes!
  • flower24
    flower24 Posts: 1,719 Forumite
    Options
    hi :)

i'm not dressed yet but will be wearing denim mini skirt with black leggings, white t-shirt with rock type print and black pumps from primark with ruffles on the toes
  • Alexnikov
    Alexnikov Posts: 2,411 Forumite
    Options
    I like the intro Sharron!

I'm wearing:

Long grey cardi - Tesco
    Cream strappy vest top with a broderie anglaise (sp?) panel at the front - Dotty P's
    Black cords - Dotty P's
    Tan glad-type sandals - Tesco (they really don't go very well with the rest of the outfit but I wanted to wear them anyway so what the hell!)
    Long necklace with an owl on (quite chuffed with myself for cobbling this together from an old keyring and a new chain - I'm not very nifty with jewellery pliers!)
  • moonbabe58
    moonbabe58 Posts: 526 Forumite
    Options
    Mr weatherman seems to have got it right today! There is sunshine!

Im wearing:

Grey 3/4 length Tshirt dress - H&M £9.99
    Black leggings - H&M £7.99
    Brown snakeskiny birkenstock copies - Primark £4
    Red & White patterned scarf - Camden Market £2
    Expecting Baby No 1 - 20/06/14 - Team Yellow!
  • sotonsaverjen
    Options
    morning all, just spent the morning with my over excited 3 year old nephew so only just dressed, but wearing:

Black leggings with zip bottom
    New black biker boots (primark)
    White boob tube under a black long "shapeless" baggy racer back vest
    man cardi in grey
    black chanel-esque watch and tiffany ring as per usual and probably some chunky layered bangles and my black heart chunky ring

need to do mani/pedi today, can't decide between coral pink or deep blue... thinking of pink as its a nice contrast to my grungy look...

like the opening quote there, very descriptive yet to the point!
    SPC5 #1651 total so far: £78.59
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all and well done on the bargains!!!

I'm off work so not dressed yet :)
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all!

Lovely sunny day again:j

I like the thread idea too, Sharron:T...... presumably the first poster of the day could just cut and paste the intro bit each day......it's a good reminder, don't ya think;)

Unlike many of you on a wind-down day today , Friday is my wind-up day to a busy weekend at a work!

Quick potter at home and garden this morning, M&S white linen shorts and turquoise Tu linen top, then into usual work clothes later for the rest of the day. HATE having to put on proper shoes with closed-in toes in this weather!!

Will doubtless be bobbing on and off here between tasks!!

Enjoy your day everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family