Help getting to Crete for yoga

Options
Hi!
I'd like to go to Crete over the summer to visit a yoga centre for two weeks.
My stay there will cost £500+ (not including flights), so I need to find a cheap way of getting there.
My plan is to go in September when I've finished writing my thesis. I guess I could go earlier, but I won't exactly be at my most relaxed frame of mind for yoga if I haven't finished my write-up.
The cheapest flights I can find in September start at £160. Eeek. BA and Flythompson.com are about the cheapest.
I'm wondering whether it might be cheaper to get a package holiday but not use the accommodation. Does anyone know if late deals are likely to be available for Crete in September (leaving around the 8th) and how much I would be paying for two weeks? Oh, and I'm alone, so does that rule out package deals anyway?
I've also looked into flying to Athens and getting a ferry across, but there don't appear to be any cheap flights to Athens either (tried Easyjet but prices are rubbish).
Any other ideas?
Aaargh, this is not very karmic!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yogaplus by any chance?

If so & assuming you are travelling from a London airport the companies they recommend for the flight are probably the best.

As for a booking a package holiday, even with a last minute booking it's unlikely it'll be under £100 so you won't save very much - and you do run the risk of not finding anything at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure