Deals_2
Deals_2 Posts: 2,410 Forumite
owner? thanks in advance

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes - think about it - if you own a home you are much less likely (though not impossible) to do a midnight flit if things turned sour.

Can I also ask that you title your questions properly - they are not easy to read in present format.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    edited 1 August 2009 at 8:00AM
    Options
    i would imagine to a point, however i dont have my own home, i still live at home saving for a deposit, i am 26 and have never been turned down for a card

over the years i have had credit cards from:

lloyds tsb
    egg,
    capital one platinum,
    post office,
    santander zero,
    mbnas vip entertainment card,
    natwest,
    halifax,
    nationwide,
    mint. -

get them for 0% deals etc,

it probably helps i have never missed a payment or been late etc.

i think once you have started to build a credit history, as long as you dont miss payments etc, that in itself makes it easier. i started this by getting my first credit card with the bank i was with at the time (lloyds tsb) had an account with them since a child, and then changed to their current account etc.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    In the current climate, lenders may start declining you if they see that you keep changing for the 0% deals
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    i would imagine to a point, however i dont have my own home, i still live at home saving for a deposit, i am 26 and have never been turned down for a card

over the years i have had credit cards from:

lloyds tsb
    egg,
    capital one platinum,
    post office,
    santander zero,
    mbnas vip entertainment card,
    natwest,
    halifax,
    nationwide,
    mint. -

get them for 0% deals etc,

it probably helps i have never missed a payment or been late etc.

i think once you have started to build a credit history, as long as you dont miss payments etc, that in itself makes it easier. i started this by getting my first credit card with the bank i was with at the time (lloyds tsb) had an account with them since a child, and then changed to their current account etc.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    edited 1 August 2009 at 12:24PM
    Options
    PNPSUKNET wrote: »
    In the current climate, lenders may start declining you if they see that you keep changing for the 0% deals

true, but the cards i have had have been spaced out since i was 18, and generally use them reguarly after the deals have ran ou, just paying the balence in full etc and using them as normal (and cancelling cards i no longer use etc). so far not had a problem and the cards have had no problem automatically increasing the credit limits without request (though i understand this is being stopped)

i have only just received my most recent card in the last few weeks (santander zero) and had no problems, and before that had the post office card the last year i think (september or something like that) so was still during the start of the credit crunch

also some people have been stoozing on 0% deals for years. (though i have never done this only applied for cards to pay for something off gradually (ie a computer, holiday etc) to keep the money in the bank longer. or for use on holidays (nationwide origionally, but now santander zero and post office also)
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    PNPSUKNET wrote: »

Not impossible, but not happened yet. Just got confirmation of new Tesco card with 10K limit so somebody out there still likes us :)
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • Deals_2
    Deals_2 Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Options
    credit limit?
    CannyJock wrote: »
    Not impossible, but not happened yet. Just got confirmation of new Tesco card with 10K limit so somebody out there still likes us :)
  • CannyJock
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Depends on a few factors, salary being one, stability at address/job/bank, available credit and of course how you've operated your credit.

btw - your posts where you start writing in the title are tricky to read - most people ignore the title and just read the body of the post. Also, when people reply to you and quote your post, the title isn't included so it looks even more confusing.

I was about to reply to your post "credit limit"? with "Yes" :)
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • CannyJock
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Deals wrote: »
    credit limit?

Yes :) see what I mean
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure