Starting my own webstore

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site an was looking for some help and advise. For a while now i have been interested in starting my own webstore. I found a website that offers free webstores. It has checkout and you can add paypal, worldpay, google checkout. however i am aware that there can be scam websites out there and was wondering if this one was safe?
the website is freewebstore.org

Is there other ways i could set up an online store?

Thanks
sarah :)

Comments

• faevilangel
    faevilangel Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    well do you have a budget in mind ?

you could do any of the following

1) pay someone to build a site to your exact requirements
    budget with seo (search engine optimisation & advertising etc) £1500-£5000
    2) pay someone to "skin" an open source cart (magento, zencart, oscommerce are a few)
    £300-£800
    3) buy a commercial cart and get a theme built for it
    £300-£2000
    4) use an open source cart software and install a free theme available for it £0
    5) learn php and build your own £0

the prices depend on if you go to a freelancer or go to a web design agency, the agency will be to the end of the budget due to their overheads etc

to get a decent price and quotes ask on the web designer forum @ https://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk
    Silenced by the Gestapo :rotfl:
  • andrewrimmer
    Options
    It looks ok but you will have there adverts on your website and the website address/Domain name is a sub address of there's, not so good for a business.
    If you think it will take more than 3 hours to fix a software problem it is probably quicker to reinstall windows. 30 mins to install windows, 2½ hours to reinstall all your nice software
    Andrew Rimmer 2009
  • andrewrimmer
    Options
    Dreamhostcom have an offer, use the code UK007 and it will cost about £40 for the year and you get a free domain name, they also have zencart and this is easy to install with there installers.
    If you think it will take more than 3 hours to fix a software problem it is probably quicker to reinstall windows. 30 mins to install windows, 2½ hours to reinstall all your nice software
    Andrew Rimmer 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport