Royal Mail and lost post

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
sambasamba Forumite
418 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
My post has started going missing recently, and I have not received several utility bills that I was expecting, and which I can confirm WERE posted. So I contact Royal Mail, as these bills were sent from different parts of the country and should have arrived at around the same time, and logic dictates the problem is likely to be at the final leg of the journey... To cut a long story short, despite having a section on their website saying to contact them if you are concerned about possible ID fraud, they won't log my call on their systems because the original carrier used by the utility companies wasn't them, and they will only investigate the issue if I can PROVE that the letter was handed to them to deliver!!

What a waste of time! I have now set all my bills to online only, so I just hope the couple of bills that have gone missing so far are not enough for someone to commit ID fraid with - I suppose only time will tell! Still, I think the Royal Mail should take more interest as there may well be a dodgy employee stealing post, and unless they log the calls and start to see a pattern, they will never know! Unbelieveable!

Rant over ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals