Egg Money Account

Options
As you may have gathered from my earlier post, I am very new to all of this. I have opened an Egg Money account and I have a few questions:

1. What are the best fee-free 0% BT cards at the moment. I have read that the Charity Cards are good and also the Post Office 2 in 1 card. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Can the Egg card be used as a mule to transfer a credit balance to a high interest card via my credit account.

3. Are there any charges to transfer a fictitious balance from 1) above to the Egg Account, ie to start my stooz pot.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cb1964 wrote:
    1. What are the best fee-free 0% BT cards at the moment.
    Any from this list.
    2. Can the Egg card be used as a mule to transfer a credit balance to a high interest card via my credit account.
    Yes, although I assume you mean high interest 'account', not 'card'? Look for the words 'BACS transfer' in the Egg Money FAQ section.
    3. Are there any charges to transfer a fictitious balance from 1) above to the Egg Account, ie to start my stooz pot.
    If you go for fee-free cards, then by definition - there is no fee! :D
  • cb1964
    cb1964 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    10 out of 10 for observation YorkshireBoy, I did indeed mean account! As regards fee free I was aware that by transferring money to the Egg Money account from a 0% BT card I would not incur fees from the card, but wondered whether I would incur fees from Egg
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cb1964,

Egg Money doesn't charge a BT fee and isn't likely to for as long as it offers in-credit interest for 'postive balances'. That would be the equivalent of charging customers to take money from their savings accounts - which almost never happens
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport