Scottish Power Online Account

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
1 reply 1.8K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
Now i am beginning to get the hang of this online billing system, i can put in my meter readings on Mondays, and on Tuesdays i can tell exactly how much gas and electricity i have used in the week.

Now i am in the process of emailing Scottish Power, as due to a c0ck up on their part, i now owe about £300 on the one utility, which will have to be paid in the settlement quarter in October. Now i dont really want such a big bill so i have emailed Scottish Power, to see if i can make a few Direct Payments out of my bank account. I dont want to increase the Direct Debits again, as its took me 5 months to get them to take the right amount out. >:( (Hence the huge bill).

Anway, i was thinking, if they say i can make direct payments as and when, then i could drop the Direct Debits to a minumum (Say £5 a week per utility), and depending on my weekly/monthly usage, i could make the short fall up by Direct Payment. I use about £8 a week electricity, and last week i used £2's worth of gas (thank goodness for the new roof and more double glazing, its saved me a fortune in heating bills).

So in effect, if they let me, i can pay exactly what i use. No huge settlements for me, and they dont get more money than they are entitled to.

What do you think? Do i need to get out more? :(

Replies

• pak2pak2 Forumite
    74 Posts
    Yes u do need to get out more, lol

I'm sure that you energy could be betta spent on other money saving ventures, rather than worrying if they have a few pounds of yours.

(If you worried about them holding a credit this much then settle your account and start a new DD just b4 your heavy winter usage, U'll always be in debt to them paying this winter usage of all summer)

But should u wish to change supplier then u may regret running a debt.

Pak
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs