FTB - who to approach to help with plans/alterations?

Options
Hi there, I'd be really grateful if any of you guys know who we should approach. We are FTB buying a gorgeous little cottage that we are SO happy about. :beer:

We won't be doing anything for the first year or so while we try to build our savings back up (try! mortgage rates around right now are terrible!) But eventually we will need to sort out a parking area/garage and a garden studio (for my OH's work). There is a prefab garage at the property already. (Although everything is dated, the property has been SO well maintained, and obviously loved to bits by a couple who lived there their whole lives - we feel honoured to be able to live in it).

So my question is - who do we approach about these ideas? Ideally what I'd like is for someone knowledgeable to look at the whole property and garden and suggest some ideas, even pointing out if an extension would be better than garden studio - so someone to take an overview of the property and our needs and to suggest some solutions! Would this be an architect? Would they take on jobs this 'small' (to them! not us). Would they look at parking/garage solutions?

Many thanks if anyone can help

Knitnack :)

Comments

• knitknack
    knitknack Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Andy, thanks for that - some good suggestions! what I might do is wait until completion, THEN, as you say, post some pics/ask others for advice, THEN get plans drawn to those ideas? Thanks, that helps a lot!

Best

Knitknack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family