Travelodges in London

Options
I am currently looking to book a few nights stay in the first week of September, and hoping to take advantage of £26 rate. There are 3 locations available, Marylebone, Kings Cross Royal Scot and Farringdon. What are these 3 areas like? Any advice as to which is better? I thought Kings Cross area was not too good, although that was what I was told years ago! Are looking for as central as possible (or as central as £26 rate allows us to be!) and near decent eateries.

Advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farringdon is good for St Paul's, Tower Of London, Tate Modern.

Marylebone for Oxford Street, Hyde Park

Decent Eateries in London browse http://www.toptable.co.uk/destination/uk/london/map.cfm?lid=466
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • mcg_2
    mcg_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We are just back after staying in the Kings X one.Dont expect much as it is aged, cold and not up to the normal travellodge standard.Kings X not the best area but I have seen worse.Suppose for £10 shouldn't complain!
  • colmil
    colmil Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Options
    The Kings Cross Travelodge has only been open for about 2/3 years, how can it now be 'aged and cold'?

Sorry, not being critical, I stay at a lot of Travelodge type hotels, and I am always interested if standards drop!

I am a seasoned traveller to London, and cannot see the point of dragging luggage miles when
    I can stay locally and tube it!

I arrive at Kings Cross, not the best place, but so what? I'm on the Tube in minutes to where I want to be with the money I've save.
    Filiss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport