Dummy Merchant

Options
I've just checked my card card statement online with MBNA and I have 2 transactions on my account taken from 'Dummy Merchant Worksop'.

I really can't think what this is :confused:- does anyone have any ideas, just a bit worried incase it's something dodgy.

Comments

• djm1972
    djm1972 Posts: 389 Forumite
    Options
    How much were the transactions for?
  • savetospend
    Options
    Just worked out what it was, I used my card twice in my new local Wilkinsons store so they must not have their stuff set up correctly so that must be why it says Dummy Merchant.

Phew
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    lol, ive just had the same "dummy merchant" on my statement and for the life of me i couldnt think what it was for and googled dummy merchant just incase of a scam and found this, it then reminded me i was in the same wilkinsons store in motherwell on sunday.
    ...work permit granted!
  • onemumtothree
    Options
    I'm so relieved I found this thread, just got credit card statement in and it had Dummy Merchant on it - was in Motherwell Wilkinsons too - must be doing great business!!:j
  • Biskit
    Biskit Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I've just spent 15 mins on phone arguing with the bank that I didn't know what the "dummy merchant" withdrawal from my account was. After 'googling' it and clicking through to here, well let's just say I'm from Wishaw and it was definately me ! Oops !
    Started the new centuary £18,000 in debt : July 2008 we're now DEBT FREE (apart from the mortgage!) :j
    2011 Update: Taken a car on finance - first serious credit commitment in a long time but as were more financially secure than in the past it was a calculated risk - 4 years and counting ! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure