Santander new O% BT offer

Options
Just had a 0% BT offer for 6months with no fee. So I was going to BT to one of my credit cards (MBNA, Sainsbury or Nationwide) and ask them to send me a cheque.

Really dont want to use my MBNA- its my main card which I use and pay it off when neccesarily and I have cashback and think they will deduct my cashback.

I have nectar points on sainsbury but this gets paid every month so I dont think this will affect me.Nationwide not used in a while so no cashback due plus they have sent me credits which I have had before from cashbacks gained.

Does anyone know if sainsbury/ nationwide will do this, if so will it affect my points?

tia

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pcyam wrote: »
    Does anyone know if sainsbury/ nationwide will do this
    Re Sainsburys, see condition 7.6

Re Nationwide, well I'll leave you to research that one. ;)
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't risk putting a credit card in credit. Credit cards - other than Egg Money - are not designed to carry a positive balance. Small amounts that arise temporarily (due to a refund, for instance) are okay, but not payments that deliberately place the account in credit.

MBNA is one of three lenders which allow you to route funds from the card to your current account at balance transfer rates. So, if you don't have any cc balances to transfer, you could request a money transfer from MBNA, then shift the balance to Santander. Just a thought.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • pcyam
    pcyam Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    Sainsbury said they wouldnt send the balance to my banka ccount, so decided to transfer the balance to MBNA and the remaining credit left on the MBNA card I will ask them to send to my bank account in due course. Asked Santander and they said it will show as a BT credit so I'm hoping it wont affect the cashback points, let you know what happenss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure