Anything to stop door been slammed?

Options
Hi, does anyone know of a product that can be fitted to a double glaced front door to make it resistant to be slammed shut if that makes sense. Kids just pull it behind them and it is ruinning the plaster work. I have tried to tell kids but they just don't get it:rolleyes:
thanks

Comments

• Viper_7
    Viper_7 Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    Tell them again, discipline, start of worse things to come if they get away with it.
    don't need a product to help.
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    You can get door closers, but I don't know how well they would work on a front door.

If you find a solution let me know, and I'll go and fit one to my neighbours front door :rolleyes:
  • lee12_2
    lee12_2 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Years ago you could get a large spring that screwed to both the frame and door to slow it down when closing.. best to call a local double glazed door company they would know, but I'm with the first reply children should be told off more and NOT aloud to get away with so much think of the poor neighbours!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kink
    kink Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, i will look into the spring thing. I may have been a liitle mean about my kids so just to clarify the kids are not deliberately slamming the door, it slams for anyone unless you keep hold of the handle and pull it slowly. Think it must hang a little funny as the back door doesn't do this. Also it would not affect any neighbours if they were actually slamming it day and night.
    Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport