Graduate loan / any loan help

Options
2»

Comments

• Morn
    Morn Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    newgrad wrote: »
    Thanks Morn, that's interesting on the purchase rate being 0% and I would definitely consider that, but again the problem is that I am currently unemployed and waiting for the written job offer. All the application forms I have seen ask for employer details. Can I ask how much the limit was on the card?

I need someone that will provide a loan / credit card on the basis of a written job offer being presented to them, and not having to wait until x months worth of pay comes in.

As for the other suggestions, like I said in my first post, the job is an essential car user position and I therefore need to have a car myself. To avoid the suggestions that may come, here are the options and why they are not suitable:

1. Finance / Lease. Need money to run the car as well.
    2. Hire : as above but also not had license long enough
    3. Borrow car : as for 1.
    4. Get lifts / other forms of transport : need the car for travelling as part of the job.
    5. Borrow from friends or relatives : None have the money to lend.

Err your taking me back somewhat but if my mind serves me correctly it was initially about £800/£900 but went up very quickly.

I understand that this is not the amounts you are needing but its certainly worth trying as you may strike lucky and if your minimum is £1500 then you would only have to find a £600 more.

You could perhaps pay your insurance monthly to help costs and you could get a cheap runaround so that the total required would be less.

This really sucks, its such bad timing for you what with the current financial situation I wish you the best of luck.

:D
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

--Albert Einstein--
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    Will your employer not give you a company car if it essential for the job?
  • newgrad_2
    newgrad_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    There are company cars but they need to be booked and are really for "one off" usage. Also, I only have an automatic license (not due to disability) and they don't have automatic cars.

A cheap runaround is out of the question. I'm on JSA at the moment. I can't pay for the car, never mind insurance, tax, petrol etc.

That's why I asked about getting some form of credit. I need to know of somewhere that will provide a loan based on a written job offer.
  • Morn
    Morn Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    newgrad wrote: »
    There are company cars but they need to be booked and are really for "one off" usage. Also, I only have an automatic license (not due to disability) and they don't have automatic cars.

A cheap runaround is out of the question. I'm on JSA at the moment. I can't pay for the car, never mind insurance, tax, petrol etc.

That's why I asked about getting some form of credit. I need to know of somewhere that will provide a loan based on a written job offer.

Hi there,

How comes a run around is not an option??

Out of interest what is the job that you are going to be doing?

I think the credit card option is the way forward. You could luck out with it and then your problems are over.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

--Albert Einstein--
  • newgrad_2
    newgrad_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Because I don't have the money to buy one or run it!!!

Anyway, I've contacted RBS who said that they are happy to provide a loan on production of a contract of employment, so I'm going into branch tomorrow to get my account transferred.
  • bumpoowee
    bumpoowee Posts: 589 Forumite
    Options
    CLAPTON wrote: »
    would a CC suffice... may be able to buy a cheap car with one and can pay car tax, insurance and petrol with one.

Was going to suggest the same thing, I was in a similar situation after graduation (needed to borrow money in order to do my new job) and got a 0% credit card which by balance transferring when the 0% on purchases ran out I paid pretty much no interest by the time I paid the money back. Worked out cheaper than a loan (also nobody would give me a loan at the time).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure