Options
2»

Comments

• PoorDave
    PoorDave Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    scrooge786 wrote:
    ive just recieved paperwork to sign for the 0% card but was wondering what they mean when they say u get 50 days interest free if u pay on time?
    i know u have to pay the min. amount every month but otherwise shouldnt it be 0%?

I think it's the maximum number of days from making a purchase to when the min payents you make to them clear.

For example, you buy something on 1st of Jan, say you get your CC bill towards then end of month (Jan), then you get roughly a month to make the min payment. This applies the whole time, before they work out the interest owed, except as you rightly say, they'll be going "interest @ 0% equals...erm..." for the 0% period.

For those of you lucky enough to be given one of these cards that is. Not that i'm bitter.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery
  • anticlaus105
    anticlaus105 Posts: 475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Luckily just got accepted for this card to replace my full Halifax One. Running from start it works out effectively at 5% cashback (decreasing obviously as time goes on). Much better than my now back at 0.5% AMEX platinum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure