seatzie wrote: »
    www.toddlersoccer.org also do mixed classes boys and girls doing football

Soccer/Football is for Woosies!! :p
  • seatzie
    seatzie Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Soccer/Football is for Woosies!! :p

yeah thats why they want to use Football stadiums for the Rugby world cup lol :rotfl:
    Norn Iron Club Member #64

Wikkity Wikkity Wikkity Lets go racing!
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions - I got the most random phone call yesterday evening to say she's got a place in the local swimming club come September which is great. I've had her name down for more than 18 months.

My OH is very involved in rugby so I might try it, although she's very timid and I wasn't sure if it would suit her personality and her wee frame.

Thanks again
    Cate
  • warmhands.coldheart
    Options
    cathy2702 wrote: »
    My OH is very involved in rugby so I might try it, although she's very timid and I wasn't sure if it would suit her personality and her wee frame.Cate

Give it a go.... will prepeare her for the big bad world and for beating up boys at school:rotfl:. As soon as my daughter is old enough I'll be sending her.... It'll toughen her up...
  • warmhands.coldheart
    Options
    seatzie wrote: »
    yeah thats why they want to use Football stadiums for the Rugby world cup lol :rotfl:

Yeah but thats just so a proper game is played in the stadium for once!!:p:p
  • 36square
    36square Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Cate
    For what it's worth, I would encourage your daughter to take up an individual sport like gymnastics or swimming if you're mainly interested in her health.
    The trouble with team games at a young age is that the more aggressive (not necessarily the most talented) tend to hog the action while the rest just stand around and watch.
    In an individual sport, she will have to make an effort herself. She might be a bit young yet for gymnastics but it's never too soon to get them in the pool.
    Even just running, you'd be surprised how far they can run at that age.
  • hbloomers
    hbloomers Posts: 405 Forumite
    Options
    I used to take trampolining lessons in Craigavon leisure centre.. not sure if they still do it, but I really enjoyed it. My sister also loved the gymnastics. I think both were on on a Saturday morning. At 6 I was also involved with archery.. I know Craigavon have a good club that practices on a weekday evening. They have a junior section as well, so its great for meeting other kids, and the competitions across NI are also great for meeting others.
    *insert witty comment here*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport