🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Which circular saw blade make?

Options
Need a replacement blade for my Ryobi table saw and not sure what to go for.

I need to rip long lengths of oak so will want a good quality blade with a high tooth count.

Suggestions which makes to consider and which to avoid? I'm not after cheap....I want quality for a good finish.
Herman - MP for all! :)

Comments

• Forris
    Forris Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    The best thing to do is to check out someone like Rutlands and look at their range. This is one of those purchases where price=quality, but you must balance that with how much use you want out of it.

Also, I'm pretty sure, but happy to be corrected, that for 'ripping' (ie. along the grain) you need a blade with a lower tooth count.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forris wrote: »
    Also, I'm pretty sure, but happy to be corrected, that for 'ripping' (ie. along the grain) you need a blade with a lower tooth count.

I have a lower tooth count at the moment and the finish is too rough for my needs (although admittedly the blade is becoming blunt and is now 'burning' the wood). There are higher count blades which are suitable for hardwood rip cuts and cross cuts so figured I'd opt for one of those.

Will look at Rutlands, thanks.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills