New kitten - tonight!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• lowis
    lowis Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It is a gamble, but personally i am not prepared to gamble with my pet's health either, i would rather pay a small amount of money each month to have the peace of mind - i do not have access to large sums of money should anything happen to them. I am not prepared to max out credit cards either. And I mae atypo for cat 1, I have 'only' claimed £2000 for him over his life :)
  • nanokitten
    nanokitten Posts: 704 Forumite
    Options
    If you think you are unlikely to claim, you might save money by haing a really high excess on the insurance, that way you don't claim for any little things (I never bothered to put in small claims for my first cat and was too upset when she died to subit a claim for putting her to sleep) but If there was a major emergency or long term health condition (which is what most people are really insuring against) most of it would be covered. You could put the difference in cost in a contingency fund to hedge your bets.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lowis wrote: »
    It is a gamble, but personally i am not prepared to gamble with my pet's health either, i would rather pay a small amount of money each month to have the peace of mind - i do not have access to large sums of money should anything happen to them. I am not prepared to max out credit cards either. And I mae atypo for cat 1, I have 'only' claimed £2000 for him over his life :)

I wouldn't gamble with my cats health either & that wasn't what I meant.

The gamble is with the insurance:rolleyes:

So far I'm quids in, but I review the situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure