WARNING -Virgin likely to offer landline rental on 2nd August.

As above I was told by their staff that they are likely to offer landline rental from 2nd August along with other packages but BEWARE!!!!

I have spent 8 weeks trying to sort out problems with their internet and phone service and was told by staff yesterday that anyone signing up with broadband will have a long wait as Virgin have no routers or modems at all and cannot source any so, they will sign people up and then just fob them off with excuses until they may get something sorted.

I was offered a deal as compensation by way of an apology from Virgin for their disaster and poor service, but then they told me I had to pay for some of what they offered me so I have now passed it on to ofcom and otelo.

Then I spent another fraught weekend without any service at all and no phone calls or explanations from Virgin as promised.

Staff told me you will be OK if you have a router from another ISP provider as they have worked out a way to override and use them but I am sure Tiscali and other ISP's will not be happy about this. :eek:

If anyone does have major probs I do have the email addresses and phone numbers for the CEO's office which may make it quicker to try and sort your problems out.

Comments

• utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2009 at 1:04AM
    It might help if you made it clear you are talking about Virgin Media National,and
    not Virgin Media Cable.

http://virgin.net/allyours/
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you are on Virgin National or Virgin Media you can supply your own router (ADSL or cable respectively) and it will work perfectly well.
    If you are on Virgin Media and your cable modem fails, then you may have more of a problem.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • fifitrix123
    fifitrix123 Posts: 346 Forumite
    unsure as been passed from pillar to post over last 8 weeks!!!! Have been dealing with staff from CEO's office lately and someone on here very kindly gave me his personal email address and direct telephone number :beer:
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Do you still rent your telephone handset? Do you still rent a television?

The sooner consumers abandon their expensive and inefficient obsession with 'free' stuff the better.
  • ????????? emailed virgin 2 nights ago about problem with wireless network/cable modem. Bloke came the following evening, knew exactly what was wrong, had the bit to fix it, fixed it and left within 5 minutes. No problem.

Am I the only one to find Virgin vastly superior to BT in every way?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ????????? emailed virgin 2 nights ago about problem with wireless network/cable modem. Bloke came the following evening, knew exactly what was wrong, had the bit to fix it, fixed it and left within 5 minutes. No problem.

Am I the only one to find Virgin vastly superior to BT in every way?

Only in the sense that dysentery is superior to the Black Death...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport