New Post Advanced Search

reclaiming charges from benefits

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
2 replies 551 views
sorrylittlelotsorrylittlelot Forumite
13 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
hi,

I have sent the template letter bout being on benefits and that they cannot take a charge from benefits, they have replied with a template letter stating that they are involved with OFT in legal proceedings which I knew, however they say i need to prove i am in financial hardship - is this still the case even tho they took a charge from my benefit money which is paid direct to my bank?

Replies

• anyone know anything bout this?
  • natweststaffmembernatweststaffmember Forumite
    12.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi,

I have sent the template letter bout being on benefits and that they cannot take a charge from benefits, they have replied with a template letter stating that they are involved with OFT in legal proceedings which I knew, however they say i need to prove i am in financial hardship - is this still the case even tho they took a charge from my benefit money which is paid direct to my bank?
    Yes because whilst it is not unlawful to take money from benefits payments it may be treated differently by the FOS if they refuse you access to the money.
    Did they send an income and expenditure form?
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.