how easy is it to replace internal door handles?

Options
at the moment i have ugly old brass round handles on my internal doors. id like to replace them for nice nickel or chrome handles. would i be able to keep the internal mechanisms and just change the handles? i know the pack comes with the full set of equipment but id like it to be a quick job, just to replace the handles old for new. also are the roses a standard size? was wondering if i could use the same screw holes so i dont need to re drill holes to fit it on
)

:beer:

Comments

• helping_hubby
    helping_hubby Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Options
    We just replaced our cupboard doors with new door handles. We were able to re-use the same spindle which meant we didn't need to cut the new ones to size. But the screws were slightly out of place, so we couldn't use the old holes. Hope that helps.
  • Locknut
    Locknut Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    It's a straight forward job. Unscrew the old ones and screw your new ones up, job done.;)
  • Ladybird20
    Ladybird20 Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    just did all mine. got them off e-bay,,,same style just chrome altho the lockin mechanism part is still gold,,,,but it really did make the doors have a new lease of life..
  • tudorfan22
    tudorfan22 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    thanks all!!
    )

:beer:
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It wasn't a straightforward job in my house unfortunately as we found out when the spring went in one of the door handles.

My doors are the original 1950s door and the size of the bit that went into the door was much larger so it needed packing out etc. to change the handles.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure