Charging Order? The myth

Options

Comments

• eggbox
    eggbox Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JayN

It might help if you could explain what it is you are trying to achieve?
  • setra
    Options
    can i please ask how do i know if K or N
    Thanks
  • eggbox
    Options
    setra wrote: »
    can i please ask how do i know if K or N
    Thanks
    Usually by the wording of the Restriction
  • faye242
    Options
    Hi Eggbox/LR,

Just dropped by to say thanks and post an update.

I can have all the restrictions removed, either through payment or because they have removed through 'passage of time RX forms were sent 3 weeks ago!!!

we are hoping that the ex-w is now sorting the mortgage.

Can I ask how long it takes the land registry to update? I have been very impatient and keep downloading a new copy to see if it has updated, but it is saying it is dated the 5th of October....lol...My OH is getting annoyed at all the £3 I am paying!!

I am so grateful for all the advice you gave!!

Faye
  • setra
    Options
    hi, it says this then follows by there name and address so is this a K please ? also i have a registered charge which i think is the origional morgage details again would this be normal please ?
    (31.12.2004) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate is to
    be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for
    registration or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition
    was given to

many thanks
  • eggbox
    Options
    faye242 wrote: »
    Hi Eggbox/LR,

Can I ask how long it takes the land registry to update?

LRR says it should be processed within 2 weeks but I'd leave it at least a week longer before enquiring what the hold (if any) is?
  • eggbox
    Options
    setra wrote: »
    hi, it says this then follows by there name and address so is this a K please ? also i have a registered charge which i think is the origional morgage details again would this be normal please ?
    (31.12.2004) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate is to
    be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for
    registration or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition
    was given to

many thanks

This is a Form K Restriction
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,798 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eggbox wrote: »
    LRR says it should be processed within 2 weeks but I'd leave it at least a week longer before enquiring what the hold (if any) is?

2 weeks is the average between receipt and consideration and registration if in order and possible. It reads as if you have applied to cancel (RX3) so that can mean we have to run wider checks to confirm ok to cancel. If we do then you are looking at potentially another 3 weeks for those checks to complete. You can't speed that 3 week period up
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • setra
    Options
    EGGBOX, thanks for that so that basically means i would have little chance to remorgage the property in guessing, im in the senario of an interest only morgage and it has 3 years left and i dont really want to loose the house, i have 3 of these restrictions from a bancrupsy in 2006 for creditors, would you know of a long term solution for this sinario at all please
    many thanks
  • simmian
    simmian Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I have around 12 years left to pay my mortgage. We found out that we had 2 charging orders on the property last year. What would happen if we stay in the property and pay the mortgage off. Would we be forced to sell the property? Would we be forced to pay the charging orders?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback