We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Charging Order? The myth

Options

Comments

• joan1920
    joan1920 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    After reading this thread I am some what bemused as to the questions that EGGBOX is posing to LRR, as it was not so many days ago the same EGGBOX was giving advice to Jasmine Stocks, yet now he claims he does not understand the terminology of charges?? This being the case how on earth can anyone take what he says at face value I would suggest that each individual case is different and their are proper professionals that can give you the correct advice
  • JasmineStocks
    JasmineStocks Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2014 at 6:47AM
    Options
    I can see why you are saying this Joan1920 but I have researched everything Eggbox has told me and it is all very logical. It's the "proper professionals" who I DON'T trust as, believe me, the ones I have had contact with lately really don't inspire trust. My mum's conveyancers are supposed to be proper professionals but some of the statements that they have come out with are just plainly untrue and contradictory. My experience has led me to the total conviction that professionals are not what they are cracked up to be and there are good ones and bad ones. It's good to question advice and research it yourself but that advice can lead you in the right direction. Reading your posts Joan1920 I do think that the "proper professionals" let you down very badly. I'd like to add that LRR is one professional that I do trust and he has given very valuable advice, I'd like to thank him very much.
  • eggbox
    eggbox Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joan1920 wrote: »
    I would suggest that each individual case is different and their are proper professionals that can give you the correct advice

There are proper professionals out there, unfortunately, the trouble is finding them! As you are claiming that your "proffesional" lost you an awful lot money, I would have thought you would be on board with this?

JasmineStocks stocks also has a supposed "proffesional" telling her that her Mom is responsible for her late Husbands sole debts (which is definitely NOT the case)

I have no problem asking questions about things I don't understand or am not sure about if it helps get to the facts.
  • terryw
    terryw Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well said Eggbox.

The question you have asked is a sensible one - I hope the LLR or someone else answers.

Thanks again for this thread - Most professionals still do not understand about restrictions and you have done a great job in making some aware. Keep up the good work.
    "If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"
    Extract from "If" by Rudyard Kipling
  • harisumo
    harisumo Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 March 2014 at 12:43PM
    Options
    I agree that Eggbox has been worth his weight in gold, I am far more 'empowered' now than I used to be, had I taken different routes in the past, and without this thread, I would be in dire straits now. Joan1920 seems to like to pop up every so often and put a spanner in the works.

My only wish is that more people who have had successful sales thanks to this thread would give up details of conveyancers who are tuned in and turned on to the facts for those of us thinking of selling in the future.
  • Truckmuck
    Options
    Just wanted to update egg box. The Solicitors have all agreed to go ahead with the sale which will complete next week. I will let you know if it is successful. I couldn't have done it without your advice. Many thanks.
  • eggbox
    Options
    Thanks for the update Truckmuck.

It would be useful to know what the Solicitors comments were regarding the sale going ahead?
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would suggest that each individual case is different and their are proper professionals that can give you the correct advice

And if you have bothered to read the whole thread properly, you would have seen that LRR has supposed every ascertion that Eggbox has made. Between the two of them, the advice provided on this forum has been a million time more valuable than what most solicitors are advising, yet all of it has been free.

This thread has prompted me, like many to look in more details at what the land registry guidance stipulates whic indeed refutes all what has been said here.

It is so frustrating when well meaning people, those who actually really do care to help people rather than make money out of them get critisized. They gain nothing by sharing all what they've learnt and know.
  • eggbox
    Options
    I think it's important to reiterate that this thread is dealing with Charging Orders made in relation to CCA loans that were sold on the basis of being "unsecured". Which, if you read what an unsecured loan is at Barclays below you will see why so many people feel they have been duped
    http://www.barclays.co.uk/Loans/Whatareunsecuredloans/P1242557963570

Even though I'm sure joan1920 finds a lot of the information on this thread useful, her issue is not related to what this thread is aimed at.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Gosh, I can see how people get a shock then when things go wrong. I remember that my ex freaked out when the loan company said they would go after the house and kept repeating that they had assured him when he took it out that being insecure there was no risk they would. I ignored him then thinking it was just more excuses (wasn't too happy with him by then and separation happened shortly afterwards), but reading the above makes me realised that he might very well indeed have been misleaded.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure