MSE News: Tesco 50% off home insurance, not as generous as it seems

edited 24 July 2009 at 6:34PM in Insurance & Life Assurance
2 replies 1.4K views
Former_MSE_NatashaFormer_MSE_Natasha Former MSE
672 Posts
edited 24 July 2009 at 6:34PM in Insurance & Life Assurance
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Tesco relaunched its half-price home insurance promotion to new customers this week, though it's not as generous as it seems.

Tesco already runs a regular 35% discount for web-bought policies and 30% over the phone....."

OfficialStamp.gif

Replies

• Having checked out the 50% discount on Tesco Home Insurance today... Please note that the prices quoted for Tesco Home insurance, both direct from their website and on comparison websites ALREADY INCLUDE THEIR DISCOUNT !! :mad:
    I have confirmed this with Tesco by phoning them, having read their Tesco Finance home page, which I found very misleading. It reads
    "Right now everyone is looking to save money and what could be better than getting a half price annual Home insurance premium. All you need to do is get a quote and buy any Home Insurance policy before 16th September 2009 to qualify."

This infers that once you have obtained a quote from them and buy before 16th September, you will qualify, ie. the discount would apply to the quoted price. This is not the case. Please also be aware of their high APR rates for monthly payments, should you decide to go ahead.

• 2Sheds2Sheds Forumite
    265 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    My Tesco renewal for buildings and contents was a lot higher than last year, when I joined and took out the 20% (I think) online offer.

I called them and said I wasn't impressed with the quote, got a £150 discount and paid on a Tesco interest free credit card!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals