🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

thailand questions

Options
im off to thailand at the end of may for 3 weeks and was wondering what weather to expect? im going to pattaya will it be hot, sunny or even monsoons? :confused:

Comments

• Regmir
    Regmir Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Two words describes it all! Hot and Humid!
    Even in January (their winter season) it is quite warm in Bankok.
    Take care of mosquitoes as well.
  • Doglover88
    Doglover88 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    thanks people, can i expect hours of glorious sunshine working on my tan or should i pack my brolly?
  • chinnie
    chinnie Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    It's the beginning of rainy season in Thailand so you should expect at least a bit of rain there. By the way, in a seacoast town like Pattaya you would have lots of sunshine with interrupting little spells of rain.
  • pennywatcher_3
    Options
    I went to Thailand at the end of May last year and had no rain at all (3 days b/kok /7 hua hin)

hope this helps!
  • Doglover88
    Options
    thanks again erveryone! great news too im a sunworshipper..
    my friend tells me its better to change up your money once out there, get a better rate is this true? was worried about buying a load of counterfeit bart's (however its spelt?!) with my english pounds
  • jr666
    jr666 Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    As long as you go to a GOOD exchange agent (whatever that means - I'm sure you know what i mean really; one that looks professional, maybe a hotel reception or smthg) you'll be fine.

I'd take about £75-100 out with you though just to get you through the first couple of days.
    Come to my garden in South Bucks and i'll find you a wasp...
  • stamford
    stamford Posts: 5,175 Forumite
    Options
    glenbat wrote:
    im off to thailand at the end of may for 3 weeks and was wondering what weather to expect? im going to pattaya will it be hot, sunny or even monsoons? :confused:

Pattaya is hot & sticky in every sense - don't forget to visit the Ping Pong Banana Club " Hello Sir have show, no shy !" :D:D
  • Doglover88
    Options
    Im awwwfully sorry Stamford I have no idea what you mean :D
  • alison74
    alison74 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Options
    Try

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293915-i3686-Thailand.html

for any weather questions from someone living in the area you are going to. Apparently it's a all a bit strange this year, as is everywhere in the world.

The currency you want is called baht (pronounced bat !) and it's about 66 to the pound at the moment.

I am going in August and even if it is raining a little, it will still be 30 odd degrees !!

Have fun and remember to haggle when buying ANYTHING !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport