We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What sort of questions does OR ask ?

2»

Comments

  • kew63
    kew63 Posts: 255 Forumite
    rog2 wrote: »
    The only 'potential' problem that could arise is if the OR attempts to claim that your husband has any 'Beneficial Interest' in the house - you may be asked to prove that he does not, or did not, contribute towards either its purchase or maintenance.

    Bought house Oct 2007, all my pennies, he moved in Oct 2008 and until 2 months ago when he started earning, I was supporting him, before that he's not given me enough to buy a light-bulb for the house !! If they can claim beneficial interest on that I'll lose the plot :mad::mad::mad:

    I'd choose the dentist definately but my dad used to be one, so to me theyre nice cuddly sort of people ;)
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member : 318
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    kew63 wrote: »
    Bought house Oct 2007, all my pennies, he moved in Oct 2008 and until 2 months ago when he started earning, I was supporting him, before that he's not given me enough to buy a light-bulb for the house !! If they can claim beneficial interest on that I'll lose the plot :mad::mad::mad:

    Then I would think that you will be fine, kew. :):)

    Providing he tells the OR exactly that, I doubt whether OR will even contact you.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • kew63
    kew63 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Thanks - sure it will be ok, so why are my insides doing carwheels and brain going into meltdown.

    Hope they wont object to me sitting there crochetting tommorrow whilst we wait, it will help to keep me sane - probably object to a "deadly" weapon

    This time tomorrow - ahhhhhh ......
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member : 318
  • antarctica
    antarctica Posts: 499 Forumite
    Don't worry, you'll be fine! :)
    Look down your nose at me and I thumb my nose back at you. :p

    Bankrupt: 8th July 2009
    Early Discharge: 19th Jan 2010

    Proud BSC Member: 278
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.