Long period after misscarriage help!!

Options
Obviously I know this site isn't for medical diagnosis, but I am looking to see if anyone has had a simular experience.
I rang the docs but due to staff shortages I can't get a appointment till the end of the week.
I have 3 children and in april/may had a misscarriage. My first period came about 3 wks later and although was heavy seemed normal.
I then went 6 wks, I had no other pregnancy symtoms so assumed things were just being irregular. I started my period at the end of june and I am still bleeding.
It looked like it was stopping yesterday, but then I got a "rush" and its back again quite heavily.

I know I need to get medical advice, but in the meanwhile can anyone let me know if they experienced simular after a MC, could it be normal? I am in my late 30's and have never had any period problems before and had no fertility issues so can't imagine what it could be.

ali x
"Overthinking every little thing
Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

Comments

• piratefairy
    piratefairy Posts: 4,342 Forumite
    Options
    hey, sorry to hear of the issue, i had a m/c myself about 3wks ago, but subsequently have been advised back onto my usual pill which replaces periods, so once the obvious bleeding stopped have had nothing since, not even any spotting..i hope that you get to see a doctor asap, as i know it was hell for me, started on a friday evening, and was told to deal with it as i couldn't be seen until the following monday evening :(
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry after my m/c I fell pregnant again so can't really offer any experience other than to say I am sorry to hear of you m/c. You too Piratefairy hug
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Katie-Kat-Kins
    Katie-Kat-Kins Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried a call to NHS direct, they might be able to reassure you, or will tell you to go to A&E if it is not normal.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Please call NHS direct - whether "normal" for someone else it may not be for you and you need to discuss the details with a medical professional. If your GP is "too busy" and I'd seriously question that and insist on an appointment today! then call NHS direct :) They're very good and very friendly and can if need be get you seen today although it might be at hospital if they feel it's needed.
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport