"Lifes a climb - but the view up in fantastic"
Gina Shoe Challange - £150 14 days - day1 £3.01

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 July 2009 at 10:14PM
    Options
    Don't they start at 760mm square? I'm not exactly big but even a 760mm one of those makes me feel really constricted.

Do you have a bath as well? It might better and cheaper to go for a nice showerbath than compromise with such a small shower (either P or L shaped if you haven't come across them before)

EDIT: Okay googling tells me that 700mm exists but I'd really consider the value of it. I'm a size 12 these days, for my sins of laying down and typing on here drinking pop :o, and I hated the 760mm square that was in this house before it was just too small.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • shellnapier
    shellnapier Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    yes it has a bath and we ould put in a bathshower but we dont want that - had ti before
    we want a shower
    so wheres best place to get it
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bathstore do a tray but I can't see an enclosure, Victoria Plumb I can see a door but no tray or enclosure!

I'd go to a branch of PTS or a local plumber's merchant that have a wide range to choose from and can do you a good price.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • diable
    diable Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    Options
    have you considered a bi fold door?
  • shellnapier
    shellnapier Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    yeah but alwway find them a bet think sliding will be best
  • Hugbubble
    Hugbubble Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 July 2009 at 9:18AM
    Options
    Doozergirl wrote: »
    Bathstore do a tray but I can't see an enclosure, Victoria Plumb I can see a door but no tray or enclosure!

I'd go to a branch of PTS or a local plumber's merchant that have a wide range to choose from and can do you a good price.

Can anyone (ie a non-plumber) go along to PTS? I can't seem to find out, on the website whether they only sell to trade, or, even if they do, whether ordinary punters can go just to view their ranges? (Are their branches even like showrooms anyway or just big warehouses?)

Thanks
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    I've fitted a 700mm x 700mm shower, supplied through city plumbing. The only cubicle I could get in the size was a hinged door, we couldn't find a bifold, or sliding.
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Hugbubble wrote: »
    Can anyone (ie a non-plumber) go along to PTS? I can't seem to find out, on the website whether they only sell to trade, or, even if they do, whether ordinary punters can go just to view their ranges? (Are their branches even like showrooms anyway or just big warehouses?)

Thanks

Hi.. Yes, anyone....no showrooms in our area. City Plumbing does have a few showrooms...see my answer to your thread.

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • ncooper1974
    ncooper1974 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    I recently bought shower tray and enclosure on ebay. the quality is fantasic and cheaper than i thought.
    if you're getting a 700mm tray, i'd go for a hinged or bi-fold - not a slide.
    when ordering, dont forget to consider to by the legs for a raised shower tray if you're worried about the plumbing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure