We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
two monitors on one pc
heppy23
Posts: 478 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I have got hold of a spare working monitor. I work from home a lot so would like to run both monitors on one PC. Am I right in thinking I can just stick a PCI graphics card in and connect the 2nd monitor?
Both monitors are VGA and I am not fussed about mega spec for gaming, looking for something under £50.
Both monitors are VGA and I am not fussed about mega spec for gaming, looking for something under £50.
0
Comments
-
I don't think you need another PCI graphics Card as it cannot run at the same time as the built-in graphics card in your computer!0
-
The one that is in there already is in the AGP slot. Don't know if that makes any difference?0
-
We run two monitors on our CAD machines at work and it's great. I'm going to source a 2nd one to make my matched lay betting quicker (you have to compare the odds on two sites and at the moment I'm relentlessy alt-tabbing all the time). So I'd be interested to hear how it's done. I'll take a look at my work PC when I'm back next week.Happy chappy0
-
Ever get the feeling you are wasting your time? :rolleyes:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards