Passport runs out in June...

Options
...and my brother is flying to Milan tomorrow :eek: Will he be fine? I know the rules differ with Europe but will he still be allowed or not?
2p off is still 2p off!

Comments

• cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think he'll be fine, some places i.e. US etc require paasport to be valid for another 6 months on return but I'm sure he will be fine in the EU
    I haven't got one!
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The following info is from

http://www.passport.gov.uk/general_travel_tips.asp

When does your passport run out?
    Some countries will not let you enter if your passport has less than six months left to run. The rules vary by country. For example, South African immigration officials turn back people with fewer than two blank pages left in their passport.
    If your passport is in its last year or is nearly full, you should check the rules of the country you plan to visit before booking any travel. You can ask your travel agent or contact the UK embassy or consulate of the country concerned.

If you need to renew your passport, we will credit your new passport with any time (up to nine months) that was left on the old one.

If you are worried about running out of pages in your passport, please call our Adviceline on 0870 521 0410.

Other good sources of travel advice are as follows (please note the links will open in new browser windows):

the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs' (Defra) 'Personal Food and Plant Imports' website (https://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/illegali) for information on bringing back meat, animal products or plants from outside the European Union
    the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s ‘Know Before You Go’ website for more travel tips and up-to-date advice.
    I haven't got one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport