Halifax Regular Saver 5% rejected?!

Options
Hi, I have just applied for Halifax Regular Saver 5% and been rejected..It said that it I am not eligible beacause I don't fulfill the age requirements (which I am sure I do) or because I hold maximum amount of regular savings accounts:confused: I only have one regular saver with Halifax and I am a trustee only anyway as it is children's one-surely that doesn't disqualify me? But I also have 3 (maximum allowed:money:) reward accounts, but that's different to regular saver.. I am missing something?

Has anyone else had similar problem?

Thanks

Comments

• LongTermLurker
    LongTermLurker Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are only allowed one RS account, so the one you have already puts you at the limit - however I seem to remember reading that the automated system blocks trustees like you when it shouldn't and I think someone rang them up and Halifax set up a personal RS alongside it.

Give them a bell and ask what's up.

btw, the reward accounts don't count, they're totally separate.
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wonder of it would be possible for you to open the same Regular Saver account, only with Bank of Scotland?

http://www.bankofscotlandhalifax.co.uk/savings/monthlysavings.asp
  • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    I wonder of it would be possible for you to open the same Regular Saver account, only with Bank of Scotland?

It gets rejected if you already have a reg saver at halifax.
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »

That account is called a 'Halifax Regular Saver', so it's the same account, just opened in a different place. So it would count towards your one Regular Saver.
  • flyingscotno1
    flyingscotno1 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    That account is called a 'Halifax Regular Saver', so it's the same account, just opened in a different place. So it would count towards your one Regular Saver.

Yep, all the savings accounts opened by Bank of Scotland seem to be Halifax accounts and administered by them with Halifax literature yet Bank accounts are different and come with Bank of Scotland literature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure