Options

Comments

• sonnet
    sonnet Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 August 2014 at 12:15PM
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    So is the £19164 before or after the pension has been deducted? You should be able to work this out eg by looking at the wage slip the month before and seeing how the gross changes.

As I understand it.
    My gross wage is £21223.26 including all bonus payments when I just manually add up all the individual payments on my wage slips but.

My wage slip shows a 'Gross pay' figure of £19,164.10 so I'm now taking it that, that figure must be after the £1,436.76 pension has been deducted. although there is a difference of £622.40.

My employer hasn't helped because they haven't put my true 'Gross Pay' figure on the wage slip.

To answer your question the gross on the wage slip the month before was £17,757.22.

So sadly I believe now their right, but leaves me in a situation were I need to cut my pension payments, as I cant really afford one with my out goings. I loose but the government wins both ways because they can now tax me more if I don't pay the pension.

To make matters worse I'm going to loose approx £2,000 from bonuses from my job for the tax year 2014-15 so I've got some cut backs to do.

Thank you for your help with this.

Regards.
  • jimbo1946
    Options
    Brand new claim for child & working tax credits being made now (Sept 2014). Working full time almost all last financial year, only half time all this one. Based on last year's income, credits will be low. Much higher if they use current year's income. Is this considered for new claims?

Sorry to post in this way, but I can't find how to post a new thread !
  • firefinch
    Options
    I am employed by my partner through his business. We currently claim CTCs and WTCs. Its currently on the basis that I am a full-time mum. Can I claim WTCs on my own behalf? Would it be worth it?

Many thanks!
  • grde1986
    Options
    Hoping for a bit of advice. I received tax credits a few years ago, then changed jobs and no longer qualified but due to confusion of over lap between two jobs I was overpaid. A couple of months ago I finally received an overpayment letter and am now paying it off over a few months. My problem is that now I have changed hours and am now earning about what I was when I first received tax credits and contacted the Tax credits line to inform them, I received a letter but it stated that I was not entitled? has the threshold changed or is it because I am repaying an overpayment, have tried a few times to get through to them but with no luck so far! Will keep trying but just thought I might get some idea from someone here in the meantime. Thanks
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You would get a much better response if you started a new thread rather than tagging it onto this very old one. However, when you do, you are going to have to provide rather more information in order to get a sensible answer.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • gprit
    gprit Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Can't see button for New Thread (sorry).
    • Applied for Tax credit 26 September 2014.
    • Long delays despite phone calls.
    • 23 December - Received letter stating they needed more information (previous address etc). - this was posted back to them 3rd January 2015.
    • 10 January I also advised them by letter that my (Thai) wife had finally received her National Insurance number.
    • 26 January - not having heard anything I telephoned the helpline only to be told that as I had not responded to their request for further information the claim had been disallowed!!
    • Was advised to submit new claim as an appeal would take 72 weeks!!
    Any advice welcome as the claim goes back several months and a lot of money is involved. Surely one is not expected to send everything back recorded delivery???
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gprit wrote: »
    Can't see button for New Thread (sorry).
    20js6j8.png
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • gprit
    gprit Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    As I said...I don't see that button...see attached screenshot...if I could see how to upload an image I would attach a screenshot.
  • Sunglassesron
    Options
    Sorry no new thread button for me either! Two things:

A quick question for all, 2012-13 Tax Credit (TC) year I was over-paid TC's, due to a large increase in income (luck more than judgement). I realise I was over-paid, but having informed HMRC of the change in circumstances immediately they did not action it in good time, continuing to pay. Now they want it all back, anything I can do? Other than dispute?

And on the subject of overpayment disputes, if you are in the process, which I have been since last June! Their is a very effective letter on the Tax Credit Casualties website. The long and short is that it warns HMRC about threatening behaviour and that it is a criminal offence. Amazing how after lots of wasted time on the phone, this letter spend things up!!
  • flinny
    flinny Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    my husband can take his miners pension now if he wants , hes 58 , I currently claim child tax and working tax credits as I have 2 grandkids who live with me and I work 24 hours a week , he can take a lump sum and a weekly pension , will this affect my tax credits or will he better off leaving his pension till hes older
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure