We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Repairing a scratched disk
Zinger549
Posts: 1,444 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I have a PS2 game that keep saying disk read error and having looked at the disk it is pretty badly scratched. any body have any good cheep/free way go getting rid of the scratches
Come on you Irons
0
Comments
-
Hi
Have you tried Isobuster, its a CD and DVD Recovery and Rescue Tool,excellent program I also use it for extracting mpegs from iso/bin cue files.
Have a look here http://www.tucows.com/preview/319432
Hope this helps
Just thought, Alcholol 120 might be able to copy it.0 -
I've hear toothpaste mentioned a lot recently:
http://www.lifehacker.com/software/cds/macgyver-tip-fix-scratched-cds-with-toothpaste-155741.php
0 -
sra wrote:I've hear toothpaste mentioned a lot recently:
http://www.lifehacker.com/software/cds/macgyver-tip-fix-scratched-cds-with-toothpaste-155741.php
Yes, toothpaste is good as it's a mild abrasive (which makes you wonder what it's doing to your tooth enamel...) I have also heard that jeweller's rouge is good but I have never been able to track any down.0 -
Also ps2's that get old are known to reject scratched disks!Kind Regards
Bill0 -
maplins do a repair kit for about £4 for scratched cd/dvd'sEx forum ambassador
Long term forum member0 -
Funny that this topic should come up because I was just reading http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/2EC632F40B1E1029BC4A001143E7E506/?ALLSTEPS .0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


