Are Whirlpool Washing Machines Any Good?

Options
I have to replace my dead hotpoint, I have about £250 to spend. I don't want one of the really cheap beko or haier machines and hotpoint is supposedly not as good as they used to be (though I got 12 years out of the last one), so I am considering a whirlpool. Has anyone got one and how is it?

Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    csnann wrote: »
    I have to replace my dead hotpoint, I have about £250 to spend. I don't want one of the really cheap beko or haier machines and hotpoint is supposedly not as good as they used to be (though I got 12 years out of the last one), so I am considering a whirlpool. Has anyone got one and how is it?

We have a Whirlpool AWM321, it is about 7-8 years old and has given no trouble,(up to know), but is probably used under the average, however I think you will find most/all products will have their problems, it is just a matter of if you get the problem ones, even the most respected products can and do break down, you usually only hear about the faults re a certain manufacturer and very rarely the good sides,(like your 12 year old Hotpoint, some people will call Hotpoint the devils child). At the end of the day you just have to make a choice and hope it is the right one.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport