Comedy for free

Options
Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this, but sometimes you can go to see comedy for free and it's a really good night out.

We are Most Amused - The Victoria Inn, Poole Street, Northampton, NN1 3EX - takes place the second Thursday of every month, 8.30pm.

Stand-up at The Holly Bush Inn, Lawford Road, Rugby CV21 2HR. Takes place the last Thursday of every month, 8.30pm
DECLARATION OF SELF INTEREST: I actually book the acts for the two nights above, but they're free nights so I thought it would be okay to mention them as they're not for personal gain.

The ones below are absolutely nothing to do with me! I just go to them.

The Fishmarket in Northampton is running free Edinburgh previews on Friday nights through July - you have to get there early though as there are limited spaces. Starts at 8. Proper professional shows in their early stages!

The Holly Bush Inn in Cradley Heath runs comedy nights on Thursdays from about 8.30. Plus you might be lucky enough to get a free chip buttie as well!

If anyone can suggest any more free nights? I love comedy, but I could do with not spending so much to go and see it... I would love to hear of free nights in Cambridge/Oxford/Notts/Brum/Wolvo/Derby as I can easily get to them.

I would imagine there are a few in London?
I do know of one free London night in Stockwell at the Cavendish Arms - they have a free Comedy Virgins night. Acts can only play only if they have an 'audience member' with them. That's on alternate Mondays.
Home improvement payments £16.8K to go

May Grocery Challenge: £122.13/250

Decluttering 965/2024 Awards 🥇
(13/05/24)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business