BT connection

Options
BT were supposed to send an engineer out on tues to connect a phone line. The engineer did not need to enter my flat so the appointment was cancelled but i was not informed of this so spent the morning in waiting for him. I sent 3 emails asking what was happening, and only got a response on the last one. I've been offered £10 as a 1 off credit for this inconvienience.

Do you think that was enough? Considering the services were connected on 1st July (the original appointment but i changed the date the day before) though i was unaware of this and i have already been billed for them and the next 2 mths as well.
Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

Comments

• BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Can you PM your details and I will look into this?
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ooh_mr_darcy
    Options
    I've been waiting for BT to connect my new phone line since the first of may. 3 cancelled appointments and 5 possible connection dates later BT are telling me that the earliest it can now be done is the 29th of July (every time I phone they've discovered something new that needs to be done). I've complained to BT several times - in response I get e-mails full of platitudes but nothing gets done. BT aren't keeping me updated about the progress of my order (despite promises), I have to ring them, speak to a sales rep who usually doesn't know what is happening and I get put on hold while they speak to Openreach. I've failed to get BT to provide me with a single person, who knows about my account, that I can talk to.
    In the mean time I am racking up mobile phone (not least from calling BT's customer services) and mobile internet bills (I'm a medical student, internet access is fairly essential for my course and I've been forced to buy a pay as you go dongle from 3 to fill the gap). Because of where I live I am not able to get internet service from any company until I have a BT line.
    I've accepted that as I am in a new build I've got to pay the £122 charge but is there anyway that I can get back any of the other costs I'm incurring while BT works out when it will install this line?
    Does anybody know of anyone outside BT who I can talk to who might be able to get BT to keep some of it's promises about keeping me informed of what is happening with my line? (The ombudsman won't do anything until 12 weeks have elapsed since my first complaint.)
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    Good luck dealing with BT.

I was looking at waiting almost 5 months to get BB connected to a BT landline. In the end I went with the Post Office who got me connected in 10 days.

Have a look at https://www.postoffice.co.uk and see if you be served by them. They react a lot quicker and when you have to call them you won't feel like an extra in Slum Dog Millionaire; their call centres are in S Ireland.
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • ooh_mr_darcy
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, sadly BT are the only people who operate in my area - believe me I've looked!!! Also agree with the slumdog millionaire comment, I was really struggling to understand the guy on the phone this morning. I really don't understand why I can't talk directly with Open Reach, they seem to be the people who are creating all the problems.
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, sadly BT are the only people who operate in my area - believe me I've looked!!! Also agree with the slumdog millionaire comment, I was really struggling to understand the guy on the phone this morning. I really don't understand why I can't talk directly with Open Reach, they seem to be the people who are creating all the problems.

Well here's the thing.

BT couldn't get an Open Reach engineer to me for 3 months but the PO could in 2 weeks! Have you checked the PO website, as Tiscali told me the PO and BT are the only people who can connect a raw line. Worth double checking me thinks!

Jai ho!
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Ooh_Mr_Darcy,

The line installation can be delayed for a number of reasons. Ill check it for you if you wish. I've sent you a PM. Just reply to that and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

BT Support
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ooh_mr_darcy
    Options
    Well here's the thing.

BT couldn't get an Open Reach engineer to me for 3 months but the PO could in 2 weeks! Have you checked the PO website, as Tiscali told me the PO and BT are the only people who can connect a raw line. Worth double checking me thinks!

Jai ho!

Thanks! I'll try this today. I've just reached the end of my tether with BT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure