Any Amin about for some advice?

Options
I've been told by a friend that people serving in Germany (and their dependants) can claim expenses for any time spent in hospital. Apparently it's a daily rate which is claimed with proof of the hospital stay. I think it's about £25 a day. Does anyone know what it's called and the JSP chapter reference with regards to it?

Thanks in advance.
Nearly debt free....at last Roll on July 2010

Comments

• TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    It used to be the nightly rate i.e. as if you were away and staying in single accommodation away from your normal Unit. Used to be £1.50 (think its now £5) per night - you need to check with someone currently serving as I left several years ago.
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can claim IEs when in hospital I know that, I do remember something about allowances for hospitalised personnel doing the rounds a few months ago.

If you wait out I'll try to find it.
  • Esoog
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Annex A to Chap 6 of JSP 751 (allowances for hospitalised service personnel) says you can claim incidentals for the period of hospitalisation, current rate is £5 a day - no receipts needed.

The £25 a day is something different I'm afraid (day/night subsistence which is for expenses incurred whilst on various forms of duty)
  • Esoog
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Apologies; I've been monging it - OVERSEAS Incidental expenses is
    Overseas
    £10.00 per 24 hour period
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing