Restaurants on/near Bath Road/Heathrow

Options
We are staying at the Marriott Heathrow on the night before our morning flight. We don't really fancy the restaurant in the hotel.

Does anyone know of any good places to eat within walking distance of Bath road?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    On the Marriott Rewards board of the FlyerTalk forums, a lot of people recommend The Pheasant pub. It is apparently a 5 minute walk from the Marriott.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • SomethingWitty_2
    Options
    I can confirm the Pheasant pub is worth a trip to avoid hotel food.

It has two sections - a "pub" and "restaurant". The restaurant is pricier and serves a totally seperate menu, but is nice. The pub serves hearty, delicious, large portions of simpler fayre and I like it.

It's always popular and has a bit of a legendary status.

Also remember bus services to/from heathrow and along much of the Bath Road are free as they are within "Heathrow Freeflow"
  • swest_3
    Options
    Hi All,

We will be staying at The Park Inn is that close to the pub? We too prefer to eat away from the hotel.

Will I need to take the bus or is it close enough to walk, need to get to T5 the following day as well. Which bus?

Thanks
  • Ruy
    Ruy Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    swest wrote: »
    Hi All,

We will be staying at The Park Inn is that close to the pub? We too prefer to eat away from the hotel.

Will I need to take the bus or is it close enough to walk, need to get to T5 the following day as well. Which bus?

Thanks

Try 'The Three Magpies' pub directly opposite The Park Inn ( across the main road) for cheap & cheerful pub grub.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Three Magpies is another pub - definitely within walking distance of the Park Inn. Not sure where the Marriott is so can't comment. OK as pubs go.

It's at the A4/Heathrow Spur junction
  • seekit
    seekit Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Or if you prefer chinese food the London Hong Kong is a short bus jouney from the Marriott along the Bath Rd to the corner of Hatch Lane.
    The food there is first class.It's a bit pricey but the portions are quite large.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    seekit - is this the really huge restaurant on the corner? have passed it and wondered what it was like, looks really smart?
  • seekit
    seekit Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    seekit - is this the really huge restaurant on the corner? have passed it and wondered what it was like, looks really smart?

yes that's the one.
  • dblue75
    dblue75 Posts: 665 Forumite
    Options
    I can confirm that the Pheasant pub off bath road is top notch....i shold know ate in it all the time wehn i was working at Heathrow for 4 months. itsnot far from the marriot on the bath road..... basically its off a side street called new road.....google it.

Excellent size portions and good prices......The 3 magpies is ok as it goes....not much along bath road. The chinese is excellent and i didn't find it pricey at all.

Go to the Pheasant ...you will not be disappointed.:beer:
  • sdl811
    sdl811 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    swest wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks

If yiou are staying in park inn, I can recommend the itialian resturant just across from the hotel. Unsure of it's name but as you come out of the hotel head towards the esso I think pertrol station on the left and walk about 200-300 yards down that road (down the side of the hotel, not the main road but side road) the resturant is on the right hand side slightly tucked in with a few other shops/units.

The food in there is super and well priced. Been there several times.
    Signature what signature....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport