🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Single Trip insurance - specifics within

Options
Hi,

I'm a student and am working in America this summer.

I will be away for 3 months and need medical and travel insurence, i presume i can get a travel insurence which covers medical and i dont need both (i need to show the medical insurence to my employer before i am allowed to start work once i arrive).

I have specifics from my employer about what medical parts need to be covered.

"1. Medical benefits of at least $50,000 per accident or illness

2. Repatriation of remains in the amount of $7,500

3. Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $10,000

4. A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness."

i have looked at insurence and most cover the first 3 points, i think quite sufficiently although i am not too sure about the 4th point.

Endsleighs insurence at £79 is the cheapest i have found and THINK it covers what i need.

Any help would be great, i need to find the cheapest that covers what i need!

thanks!

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    If your trip does not exceed 90 days, you can purchase Annual Travel Insurance from http://www.insureandgo.com/Travel-Insurance/travelhome.html

The £65 cost will cover you, not only for that trip, but any other trips departing from the UK in a 365 day period.

A four month single trip policy will cost much the same.

Anyone, you'd be hard pushed to find insurance in the UK with the equivalent of a US$500 excess. That is very poor. £50(US$87) is normal in the UK with the worst at £250(US$436)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport