fitting which prevents lights being turned on when daylight

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Is there a fitting that can be fitted to a basic ceiling light which detects ammount of daylight and only allows light to turn on when it starts to get dark:confused: I know it is a long shot but i thaught i would try to see if anyone knows of one? I am trying to reduce my electricity to be more green.

Comments

• generaloneill
    generaloneill Posts: 470 Forumite
    Energy saving lightbulbs use very little energy, Halogen or reflector spots use a lot more, if you have Halogen or reflector lights, I would consider changing these to bayonet fitting for an energy saving bulb.
  • jha
    jha Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Energy saving lightbulbs use very little energy, Halogen or reflector spots use a lot more, if you have Halogen or reflector lights, I would consider changing these to bayonet fitting for an energy saving bulb.

thanks I have energy saving lightbulbs but oh keeps leaving turning them on during the day:o
  • sidefx
    sidefx Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Take the bulbs out at dawn then replace them at dusk :rolleyes:

Sorry OP..can't help more than that!
  • jha
    jha Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    sidefx wrote: »
    Take the bulbs out at dawn then replace them at dusk :rolleyes:

Sorry OP..can't help more than that!

:rotfl:I thaught it was a long shot. thanks anyway. if i wasnt pregnant i would try that i am so desperate:o

think i might get those dusk to dawn fittings for main areas
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    This reminds me of a wonderful new office complex I worked in.
    The "intelligent" lighting turned itself on and off as it got darker and lighter. However, the poor general design of these fittings meant that they were refelected in some people's PC screens when they were on, making it very difficult to see the screen.

The solution:
    Get an "anglepoise" type lamp, switch it on, turn it upside down and point it at the troublesome ceiling light - which then promptly switched itself off !!!
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 July 2009 at 1:41AM
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jha wrote: »
    think i might get those dusk to dawn fittings for main areas

But then the lights will be on all night, every night, instead of just sometimes during the day. Isn't that going to cost more?
  • diable
    diable Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    moonrakerz wrote: »
    This reminds me of a wonderful new office complex I worked in.
    The "intelligent" lighting turned itself on and off as it got darker and lighter. However, the poor general design of these fittings meant that they were refelected in some people's PC screens when they were on, making it very difficult to see the screen.

The solution:
    Get an "anglepoise" type lamp, switch it on, turn it upside down and point it at the troublesome ceiling light - which then promptly switched itself off !!!
    I had that in an office, when I was relaxing whilst working the weekends the lights would go off so I would have to jump up and wave my arms around for them to come on.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    diable wrote: »
    I when I was relaxing whilst working

You mean when you fell asleep ! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • diable
    diable Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    moonrakerz wrote: »
    You mean when you fell asleep ! :rotfl::rotfl:
    Noooooo, feet on desk one hand clicking on mouse whilst laying back in my comfortable chair, when its double bubble I never sleep lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure