We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

90% off advance train fares - book online Fri 10 July only - Southern network

Options

Comments

• cheerfulfish
    Options
    what does that mean?

You aren't allowed to get on or off the train other than at the stations (start/end) on the ticket.

I use Three Bridges station which doesn't count even though it's on the London - Brighton route. So I have assumed that I won't be able to use this offer based on the fact that you can't break your journey.

Does anyone know if Gatwick is included?
  • cheerfulfish
    Options
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    WOW thanks, just got a ticket to gatwick for 0.75p

Jolly good!
    Where are you traveling from?
    Thanks
  • bob-a-job_2
    bob-a-job_2 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    4 return tickets for 2 people so 8 tix total Brighton to London for £7.50!!
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No.1378 -
    Target = £300 by 5 December 2011
  • Lindz_Delirium
    Options
    mine says I have to go from Milton Keynes - Clapham Junction, and then from there to Brighton - does this mean they won't let me do it?
  • geeksaver
    Options
    Hi ya,

I have been trying to book some routes that I'd like to take at the given url...

Thing is, all routes I tried, even those as far away as in sept, shows up with normal prices...and not discounted prices...for those who got the discounted prices, I am wondering when you see 'the discount', before or after you have to type in the credit card details...

thanks for your help...hubby and me wanna go visit somewhere south this summer but cant even find a single trip that has discount...so thought, I'd ask...;)
  • bob-a-job_2
    Options
    You aren't allowed to get on or off the train other than at the stations (start/end) on the ticket.

I use Three Bridges station which doesn't count even though it's on the London - Brighton route. So I have assumed that I won't be able to use this offer based on the fact that you can't break your journey.

Does anyone know if Gatwick is included?

that is not true!

You can get off at any staton in between - i do regularly when they have £3 deals between brighton and Lon Vic - i get off at East Croydon with no probs.
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Jolly good!
    Where are you traveling from?
    Thanks

Watford Junction to Gatwick Airport, tomorrow morning
    :beer:
  • Restricted
    Restricted Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    bob-a-job wrote: »
    that is not true!

You can get off at any staton in between - i do regularly when they have £3 deals between brighton and Lon Vic - i get off at East Croydon with no probs.

You cannont start/end or break the journey at intermediate stations for Advance tickets and risk paying an excess if you do.

Advance tickets are available to and from Gatwick, for the person who asked, so a separate ticket between 3 Bridges and Gatwick would be the way to go.
  • cheerfulfish
    Options
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    WOW thanks, just got a ticket to gatwick for 0.75p
    bob-a-job wrote: »
    that is not true!

That's interesting to know.
    Just quoting Southern's own small print that you are not allowed to break your journey.
    With a regular ticket I do break my journey which has always been fine. It's horrible if the staff get shirty with you which I would be worried about. As we all know it can really spoil your day.
  • bob-a-job_2
    Options
    Restricted wrote: »
    You cannont start/end or break the journey at intermediate stations for Advance tickets and risk paying an excess if you do.

Advance tickets are available to and from Gatwick, for the person who asked, so a separate ticket between 3 Bridges and Gatwick would be the way to go.

Really?? God i didnt know you weremnt allowed I do this twice a week and have been doing so for the last 18 months. i put the ticket in the machine at east croydon and it takes it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills