We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Yahoo Messenger pc to pc calls

I use IM, but can you use the pc to pc function without a headphone or voip phone?

Comments

  • banger9365
    banger9365 Posts: 1,702
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    yes you can put you need a mic and speekers and you can us a web cam as well for pc to pc calls using yahoo,msn,skype,AOL, and a few more.
    you can also send pic's and files us these programs
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,364
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have set the Call set Up Assistant using the default settings on my laptop, but do you need a separate microphone to speak into?
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,364
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have found some Sony headphones that I used to use for listening to music , so I'm going to need a microphone or is there an internal ones in laptops, I have a compaq nx9020
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,772
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    some laptops have microphones built in so u can use that and the speaker in the laptop

    check yr manual to see if yours has built in speakers etc then u can just go for it..

    the lines are very clear just like talkin on a telephone i was surprised.. course if u want to keep yr calls secret u will need the headphones

    HTH
    When you know better you do better
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,364
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It does have in built speakers, but I don't have a manual as it's a company laptop, I've plugged in the normal headphones and a kareoke microphone and set up the Call Setup Assistant and it has registered that they are working so I should be able to use it now!!!
    I thought I'd try it this way before going to the expenses a pc headphone with built in mic or internet voip phone.
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,364
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I read somewhere that you could plug in headphones into the microphone socket and speak into the ear piece, I tried it and it works.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.