Does No More Nails work?

Options
Hello,

The brackets which attach my curtain pole rests in are coming off the wall.

I was thinking of putting some No More Nails type stuff on the brackets and attaching them back to the wall.

My question, then, is will this work? Does No More Nails type stuff actually work? Will it hold the brackets in place so that my curtain pole won't fall down again?

Thank you.
'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T

Comments

• ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    it will.
    until you put the curtains on it.
    Get some gorm.
  • Greatgimp
    Greatgimp Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    This is only as strong as the paint or wallpaper sticking to the plaster underneath.
  • AdrianW2
    AdrianW2 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    Like Ormus says, when we tried it the brackets just peeled off.
  • spmc
    spmc Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've used no more nails for a rail of coat hangers which we load heavily and has been fine (been up for a couple of years). Walls are only emulsion so I guess the glue penetrates the paint and sticks to the plaster
  • Piggles12345
    Piggles12345 Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    spmc wrote: »
    I've used no more nails for a rail of coat hangers which we load heavily and has been fine (been up for a couple of years). Walls are only emulsion so I guess the glue penetrates the paint and sticks to the plaster

My walls like this -just emulsion on plaster!
    'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nope it wont work you need to screw the brackets on. Its only good for sticking light things to walls like dado rails and skirting boards

woods and woods might be fine but not woods on walls that take weight and have a small profile like a bracket

You can get stronger glue no nails tend to be one of the weakest glues out there for consumer use
  • Piggles12345
    Piggles12345 Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    Antispam wrote: »
    Nope it wont work you need to screw the brackets on. Its only good for sticking light things to walls like dado rails and skirting boards

woods and woods might be fine but not woods on walls that take weight and have a small profile like a bracket

You can get stronger glue no nails tend to be one of the weakest glues out there for consumer use

What are the stronger ones please?

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ormus wrote: »
    it will.
    until you put the curtains on it.

:rotfl::rotfl::T
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • helping_hubby
    helping_hubby Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Options
    We've been there, done that and it ripped a chunk of plaster out of the wall. I wouldn't recommend it.
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What are the stronger ones please?

Sticks like Sh*t, recommended by our builders as the muts nuts of this type of adhesive. Screwfix sell it as well, probably the DIY sheds too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure