We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Martin's Money Tips, Block Lists and RegisterFly/Enom
bonzer
Posts: 399 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi,
I've got a domain name through RegisterFly who are a reseller of eNom. They provide an e-mail forwarding service with the domain which I use.
I get Martin's Money Tips e-mail forwarded through this domain however it never arrives. The forwarding is generally working OK as all my other mail arrives (as far as I know). I've tried over several weeks unsubscribing/resubscribing and using various different addresses at my domain to no avail. The only thing I can think of is that the fowarding service is blocking it as spam or something like that.
RegisterFly swear they don't do any anti-spam, but by looking at their (eNom's) servers I've found that they do run DNS blackhole lists.
Martin's e-mail seems to have recently been arriving from IP 209.97.205.72 if I've got that right. I've checked various DNS blackhole lists and the only one I've found it on is "blars private blocklist". Seems to be clean everywhere else I've looked.
Does anyone know which block lists eNom check? Or any other DNS BL lists that Martin's e-mail server appears on?
Failing that does anyone know how to e-mail eNom support without being a direct customer of theirs? They seem to say on their site you must e-mail the reseller, but RegisterFly's customer support is worse than useless on this. I don't think they've got the faintest idea what I'm talking about.
Thanks
Bonzer.
I've got a domain name through RegisterFly who are a reseller of eNom. They provide an e-mail forwarding service with the domain which I use.
I get Martin's Money Tips e-mail forwarded through this domain however it never arrives. The forwarding is generally working OK as all my other mail arrives (as far as I know). I've tried over several weeks unsubscribing/resubscribing and using various different addresses at my domain to no avail. The only thing I can think of is that the fowarding service is blocking it as spam or something like that.
RegisterFly swear they don't do any anti-spam, but by looking at their (eNom's) servers I've found that they do run DNS blackhole lists.
Martin's e-mail seems to have recently been arriving from IP 209.97.205.72 if I've got that right. I've checked various DNS blackhole lists and the only one I've found it on is "blars private blocklist". Seems to be clean everywhere else I've looked.
Does anyone know which block lists eNom check? Or any other DNS BL lists that Martin's e-mail server appears on?
Failing that does anyone know how to e-mail eNom support without being a direct customer of theirs? They seem to say on their site you must e-mail the reseller, but RegisterFly's customer support is worse than useless on this. I don't think they've got the faintest idea what I'm talking about.
Thanks
Bonzer.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards