Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

Just closed the last credit card... - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Just closed the last credit card...

edited 6 September 2011 at 5:33PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
26 replies 7.4K views
13»

Replies

• chelle2k9chelle2k9 Forumite
    139 posts
    well done its great to hear from sum1 who has made it out the other side of a debt mountain! gives us all hope :)
  • Well done you :j it must be such a relief!

I'd say carry on paying what you do towards your loan and stick any extra you can afford into a savings account each month in the hope of a full and final... that way you'll get rid of them quicker! :T

CA x
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • roxiepie_2roxiepie_2 Forumite
    229 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Well done - must be such a good feeling!

Is really nice to hear these posts as it gives the rest of us a push to keep going :)
    NOW DEBT FREE :j
    NEW FINANCIAL GOALS
    CAR COSTS POT : £0.00/£550.00________ REGULAR COSTS POT : £0.00/£396.25
    £3K BEFORE 30 : £0.00/£3000.00_______£200 HOLIDAY FUNDS BY 2012 : £0.00/£200.00
  • Orange29Orange29 Forumite
    24 posts
    Aw that's such a nice post, well done. Today was an NSD for me, hurray.
  • WELL DONE YOU! It's a great feeling, I paid off all my credit cards almost a year ago now and am still debt free apart from the old mortgage and car loan. This site was a great support and it got me through those bad times. It's still hard work to resist the temptations but it's worth it. We are going on hol in a few weeks paid for in full-far more enjoyable when you haven't just shoved it on the rcedit card. Keep it up! Your post will be inspirational to many-like others have said I loved reading the success stories.
    LBM 17th April 2007:j
    Credit Cards paid - July 2008 [strike]Sainsys,M&S,[/strike][strike] HSBC[/strike]
    Grocery Challenge £350
    DEBT FREE AND STILL TRYING HARD
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Swinstie73Swinstie73 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Well done MP! I'm the same, trying to get debt free but as no-one knows (apart from on here), I will have no-one to celebrate with! Enjoy the holiday, sounds fab and I bet you can do it MSE style!