Just closed the last credit card...

13»

Comments

• chelle2k9
    chelle2k9 Posts: 139 Forumite
    well done its great to hear from sum1 who has made it out the other side of a debt mountain! gives us all hope :)
  • Well done you :j it must be such a relief!

I'd say carry on paying what you do towards your loan and stick any extra you can afford into a savings account each month in the hope of a full and final... that way you'll get rid of them quicker! :T

CA x
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • roxiepie_2
    roxiepie_2 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Well done - must be such a good feeling!

Is really nice to hear these posts as it gives the rest of us a push to keep going :)
    NOW DEBT FREE :j
    NEW FINANCIAL GOALS
    CAR COSTS POT : £0.00/£550.00________ REGULAR COSTS POT : £0.00/£396.25
    £3K BEFORE 30 : £0.00/£3000.00_______£200 HOLIDAY FUNDS BY 2012 : £0.00/£200.00
  • Orange29
    Orange29 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Aw that's such a nice post, well done. Today was an NSD for me, hurray.
  • WELL DONE YOU! It's a great feeling, I paid off all my credit cards almost a year ago now and am still debt free apart from the old mortgage and car loan. This site was a great support and it got me through those bad times. It's still hard work to resist the temptations but it's worth it. We are going on hol in a few weeks paid for in full-far more enjoyable when you haven't just shoved it on the rcedit card. Keep it up! Your post will be inspirational to many-like others have said I loved reading the success stories.
    LBM 17th April 2007:j
    Credit Cards paid - July 2008 [strike]Sainsys,M&S,[/strike][strike] HSBC[/strike]
    Grocery Challenge £350
    DEBT FREE AND STILL TRYING HARD
  • Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Well done MP! I'm the same, trying to get debt free but as no-one knows (apart from on here), I will have no-one to celebrate with! Enjoy the holiday, sounds fab and I bet you can do it MSE style!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure