Just closed the last credit card...

Comments

• nikki28
    nikki28 Posts: 29 Forumite
    well done !!
    :beer:
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well done you. We are all celebrating with you so you are not alone. Hope you have a wonderful time on holiday and don't forget to read this site for moneysaving hints before you go!
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think you need one of these :T

one of these :beer:

:EasterBunsome of this and a big pat on the back, but i couldn't find a smiley for that!

enjoy your money, but don't forget the rainy day saving as well
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • catchooky
    catchooky Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    WOW well done. You're really lucky to have something like your degree to allow you to do an extra job. I'm doing two SAGE courses which, if it won't allow me to get a full-time job, I'm hoping to do the same and put an ad in the paper.
    One little thing - I would probably chuck some money at the HFC loan as I had one of those for a laptop and that's what I did. I felt like the interest was huge, but obviously it's a huge amount you've paid off, and as you say the feeling of having your wage to yourself must be amazing, so again I just wanted to say WELL DONE!!!!!
    NSD November 1/20 :money:
    Crap 1, Simple Be, Next, VANQUIS, TESCO, VERY, EMPIRE, ADDITIONS, HALIFAX C/C, HALIFAX LOAN, STUDENT LOAN
    Make £10 a day in November £34.57/£450 :eek:
  • Nania
    Nania Posts: 2 Newbie
    :TCongratulations! I am so happy hearing that
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • cirrusmp
    cirrusmp Posts: 247 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2011 at 5:43PM
    <Please Delete>
  • matt-c_2
    matt-c_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    congrats, im trying to do the same now, cant wait to get everything cleared
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well done :D

I can't wait to come on here and say I am debt free one day. I have just under £20k worth of debt at the moment but chipping away at it slowly!

Hope you get to go on your holiday!
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Well done cirrusmp.

Why not call HFC and find out what the present situation is AND whether they will except overpayments AND when and if overpayments are credited to the loan to reduce the capital.
    Good Luck
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure