Cheapest way to do chessington....

Options
I have a large extended family, we're hoping to go to Chessingtons soon, they'll be
3 x adults,
1 x 12 year old
1 x 11 year old
1 x 9 year old
1 x 8 year old
3 x who are under 4

We all want to go and i am trying to figure out how to get in as cheaply as possible.

I'm thinking 3 adults, then 3 older kids go in free, the under fours are free and pay normal price for one of the children! Does that sound right?

(obviously we'll bring all our own food!)

Comments

• Call_Centre_Guru
    Options
    Might be better off with the straight £15 deal on https://www.lastminute.com if you book by 30/4/06
    :beer:
  • monkeyspanner
    monkeyspanner Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    Options
    -You could use savvy saver which gives family of 4 (max 2 adults) for £49 currently available 19 to 28April and 2 to 26May. Only gives you a marginal saving on your suggestion.

-There are a lot of money off vouchers adverised on e-bay but the best I think is £15 entry.

-Actually the lastminute route is better as its £15 adult £12 child so £96.

-How about Tesco vouchers they're £6.25 ea. for chessington £43.75 in vouchers.
  • BernadetteN
    BernadetteN Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    I was under the impression that the £15 adult tickets from lastminute.com included a free child under 12 as they are advertised as the normal adult entrance £29 tickets discounted to £15 and the normal adult entry tickets include a free child under 12.

If this is correct, the group would need 3*£15 tickets plus another £12 child ticket totalling £57 for the whole group of 10 people.

I went recently with a spare child without a ticket and I just got someone in the queue to say that my child was theirs and they gave me the free ticket to go through the turnstiles.
  • ysoskint
    ysoskint Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    how do i find out for sure if the last minute.com tickets do include a child in them?

All this advice is just brilliant. Thanks so much. Wow If we could do it for around £60, we'll probably take them. When we were working it out the other day I just thought, NOPE it's too much £.
  • ysoskint
    ysoskint Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    Ticket prices & availability

General admission tickets
    Adult (12 years and above) - £29 now only £15
    Child (1 metre in height to 11 years) - £19.50 now only £12
    Children under one metre go free
    This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, or special offer including kids go free everyday at Chessington, annual passes including group rates, inclusive coach or rail packages or any concessionary/discounted ticket types
    Please note: Tickets are non-transferable or refundable
  • BernadetteN
    BernadetteN Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    You could always try phoning them and quote "CSSC" to them as fi you are a member of the Civil Service Sports Council and see what discount you can get.

Otherwise Chessington are discounting tickets for on-line bookings.
  • monkeyspanner
    monkeyspanner Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    Options
    ysoskint wrote:
    Ticket prices & availability

General admission tickets
    Adult (12 years and above) - £29 now only £15
    Child (1 metre in height to 11 years) - £19.50 now only £12
    Children under one metre go free
    This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, or special offer including kids go free everyday at Chessington, annual passes including group rates, inclusive coach or rail packages or any concessionary/discounted ticket types
    Please note: Tickets are non-transferable or refundable

It's my understanding that the kids go free with an adult is only available with tickets from Chessington i.e. either the gate price or online price on the chessington site. If you use the lastminute route you will need tickets for all except tinys.
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The cheapest way would be to log into the NCT website

http://ncteaparty.co.uk/

Party Extras!
    Everyone with NCTea Party tickets will be able to take part in the special treasure hunt through the zoo. You can win a family pass to The Tussauds Group attractions for 2006 worth over £180!

NCTea Party MarqueeLocated at the Hospitality Marquee in Beano Land, it's an area where children rule — parents, dare you enter Dennis' Madhouse? Inside, everything is free, including baby food, so you'll find time to relax with your friends and family, and be entertained by the attractions.
    Peter Rabbit and Friends - puppet shows narrated by everyone's favourite Beatrix Potter characters. Mrs Tiggy-Winkle will be there as well as Mr.Jeremy Fisher who is celebrating his centenary this year. Timings for shows are 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
    The Fat Controller from Thomas the Tank Engine.
    Play with the beautiful toys and train sets with Learning Curve.
    Complimentary tea and coffee from Taylor's of Harrogate and drinks for the children.
    Come and see Ocado, the online grocery delivery people, and they'll let you whizz up your own summer smoothies using pedal power!
    Eat your picnic in the comfort of the marquee.
    Everyone can refresh themselves with a Sunraysia drink.
    Make your own snack using the child-friendly hand blender from Braun.
    Eat Humzinger Fruit Stix snacks for free. A popular choice last year, the bars are 100% dried fried, loved by children.
    Giant Pass the Parcel — for the younger children unable to go on the bigger rides at Chessington we will be having two giant pass the parcel games in the marquee.
    Opening TimesChessington World of Adventures opens at 10 am.

Ticket Prices: Adult tickets only £15.50 and one child free with every paying adult. Additional children from 1 metre high, up to 11yrs old are £14.50. (Normal cost £29 and £19.50). Free entry for kids under 1 metre high!

Free drinks etc as well!

They are also doing a similar event at Alton Towers on Father's day with cheaper ticket prices but not free children as with this offer.

Hope that this helps. :j
  • purplebets
    Options
    I booked chessington tickets off of this site http://www.uk-theme-park-tickets.co.uk/cheap-chessington-tickets I was considering a hotel break as that seemed a good deal also
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure